[ILUG-BOM] Debian : installer : graphical : which toolkit?
Mayuresh Kathe
2018-11-25 08:09:54 UTC
Hello,

I tried the Debian "Graphical Install" during installation and the GUI
felt quite nice.
Very light, focused, and clean.

Is there any particular name for the toolkit being used and is there any
way to use that toolkit for projects other than the Debian graphical
installer?

Thank you,

~Mayuresh
Karan Ahuja
2018-11-26 08:23:29 UTC
i do not know.

three toolkits dominate the space generally:

QT, GTK, KDE

It could be GTK as fedora uses gtk+, gnome desktop uses gtk+

cheers,
karan
Dhruva Lokegaonkar
2018-11-26 12:56:57 UTC
The Debian Graphical Installer is GTK+, but since he used "Graphical" in
quotes, I think he meant the TUI text based GUI installer, which is
NCurses based, I think.
i do not know.
***@lokegaonkar.in <mailto:***@lokegaonkar.in>
lokegaonkar.in <https://lokegaonkar.in>